- Enhancements to Maps – not available for iPod Touch
- Google Street View
- public transit and walking diretions
- display address of dropped pins
- share location via email
- Enhancements to Mail
- resolved isolated issues with scheduled fetching of email
- improved formatting of wide HTML email
- Improved stability and performance of Safari
- Podcasts are now available for download in iTunes application (over Wi-Fi and cellular) – read Apple Tech Note – not available for Singapore iTunes Store accounts
- Decrease in call set-up failures and call drops
- Improved sound quality of visual voicemail messages
- Pressing the Home button from any Home screen takes you to the first Home screen
- Preferences to turn on/off auto-correction in Keyboard settings
- For iPod Touch, also fixes the secure WPA WIFI login bug (feedback seems to be problem fixed)
- details about the security fixes
iPhone update – 246Mb, iPod Touch update – 277Mb – download user manual
Do share your updating experience, or problems if there are any.
some screens of the updates
A “Get More Episodes…” link is added at the bottom of individual Podcast page which when clicked, will open up the Music Store app and goes straight to that particular Podcast’s page. The Podcast section also only lets you download episodes but you can’t yet Subscribe them from the device. Once you download an episode and sync to your Desktop, it will appear in your Podcast window with the option to subscribe. Also note that this is not available if you have a Singapore iTunes Store account.
The App Store now supports multiple screen shots like how you see in the iTunes App Store. Click on the image and you get to see full screen versions of those screen shots
The search bar has also been shifted up to the right of the Link bar, like how the desktop Safari looks now.