Apple pushed out one more update to OS X 10.5.7, probably the last before Snow Leopard rear its tail come WDDC in June. Weighing in at 449MB (729MB for Combo Updater), this includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.
A detailed list of the updates are covered in this “Knowledge Based article”:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3397 but here are some highlights:
- Added additional “RAW image support”:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1475 for several third-party cameras – see newly added cameras “here”:http://www.photographyblog.com/news/mac_os_x_10.5.7_adds_raw_support_for_14_cameras/
- Improves performance of video playback and cursor movements for recent Macs with NVIDIA graphics
- Improves the reliability and accuracy of Unit Converter, Stocks, Weather and Movies Dashboard widgets (the workaround for the Unit Converter was covered “here”:/2009/03/unit-converter-dashboard-widget-cranky/
- Addresses a situation that may cause issues when logging into Gmail.
- Improves reliability when syncing contacts with Yahoo!.
- Expansion Slot Utility for Mac Pro now reports the correct PCIe slot configuration.
- For iCal – Improves reliability when automatically syncing with MobileMe
- For Mail – Addresses an issue that may cause the BCC field to populate incorrectly when redirecting a message from the Sent mailbox
- Improves consistency with Parental Controls and application restrictions.
- Resolves an issue that may cause certain third-party printers to print to the incorrect paper tray
To download the files directly:
- “10.5.7 Update”:http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL826/MacOSXUpd10.5.7.dmg / “10.5.7 Combo Update”:http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL827/MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.7.dmg
- “10.5.7 Server Update”:http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL828/MacOSXServerUpd10.5.7.dmg / “10.5.7 Server Combo Update”:http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL829/MacOSXServerUpdCombo10.5.7.dmg
Take note – do follow these instructions from Apple prior to doing your installation:
- “Back up”:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1427 your computer prior to installing any updates.
- Quit any open applications before starting the installation.
- Do not interrupt the installation process.
- You may experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modiﬁcations installed, or if you’ve modiﬁed the operating system through other means. (This does not apply to normal application software installation.)
- If issues occur during installation–for example, if Software Update quits unexpectedly–please see “this article”:http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1569.
Let us know if there are any problems or improvements after the update!