Four Million. This is not “pre-order”:/2011/10/iphone-4s-pre-orders-top-one-million-in-first-24-hours/ numbers. That is 4 million iPhone 4S that is being used by customers after just THREE days.
Just a comparison:
- The original iPhone took “74 days”:http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/09/10Apple-Sells-One-Millionth-iPhone.html to sell one million sets.
- It took 3 days for iPhone 3GS to “hit one million.”:http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2009/06/22Apple-Sells-Over-One-Million-iPhone-3GS-Models.html
- iPhone 4 top “1.7 million sales”:http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/06/28iPhone-4-Sales-Top-1-7-Million.html after three days.
Wonder where all those naysayers who bitched about iPhone 4S not selling well because it didn’t come with a brand new design…
Other numbers released in the “press release”:http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/10/17iPhone-4S-First-Weekend-Sales-Top-Four-Million.html from Apple:
- more than 25 million customers are already using iOS 5
- 20 million customers signed up for iCloud
Almost 25 million iOS upgrades in three days. Is that a world record for most OS upgrades in the shortest time? Though there were some hiccups in updates suffered by some, majority of the 25 million iOS upgrades were smooth.
Looks like the “North Carolina Data Centre”:http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/06/06/steve-jobs-provides-a-look-inside-the-idatacenter/ is more than ready to handle the stress.